Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drivers for cd writer dvd rom just gone and no local settings folder where it is suppose to be???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maxson

maxson

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:12 AM

can anyone help me out I am a very very novice user of computers and I disabled or deleted somthing from network places and now I dont have the doc settings in the c drive local settings and I get an error 39 in the device manager my two drivers for my HP cd writer + and my toshiba cd-dvd rom m1202 drivers says can update hardware missing or corrupt files can someone help me get this thing back where it was I dont know where to statr I use this for school am I just screwed now or can someone step by step line by line walk me through a restoration or is it to far gone thanks if someone would be willing to help me I dont think I explained my problem very good here hopfully someone on this awsome site of knowledge will know what I am talking about thank guys Glen. I have a XP professional 2002 service pack 3 Intel R pentium R dell 4CPU 1.60GHz and 1.59GHz 512 of Ram I found these to text file I didnt do anything as far as deleting or repairing with the tune up program

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

try using system restore to a point before you removed things from the network places

#3 maxson

maxson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

try using system restore to a point before you removed things from the network places

I did that It would only let me go back to the 5th of july but nothing has changed is there anything else I can do? I sent a report of the tune up scan thing I did did you get a look at that what does all that mean would that combo fix program help this situation should I do a report on that I mean run it and see what it says

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users