Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox 360 trying to connect/Data execution prevention

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 babyfe

babyfe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:25 AM

About 30 minutes ago, i was trying to get rid of malware,viruses, and all that good stuff using rkill and malwarebytes(currently scanning). Next thing you know, An icon appears on my taskbar saying "A new xbox 360 has been detected. Double click here to connect to it to this computer." The thing is....I DONT OWN AN XBOX 360!! AND YOU NEED THE PASSWORD IN ORDER TO CONNECT TO MY NETWORK. i was wondering is it possible to get rid of it before i accidently connect to it? Also, An error message from the Data Execution Prevention keeps popping up saying "To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program."
Name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Publisher: Microsoft Corporation Is this another virus of some sort or is a few of my OS files are corrupted and what can i do to fix it? I have a dell inspiron 1501 with windows xp sp3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users