Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot download any files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 troylori

troylori

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

ok I have tried different web browsers internet explorer 8 safari and google chrome and when I go to a web site on any of them and click to download a file the file does not download but it will open in another window and start to play have been to different sites and tried many different files and they all do the same so can someone tell me whats up I am running windows 7

troy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Does it start to play?
what kind of files are you download? If you are downloading any media files (which play in a media player), then you have to right click on the link and choose save as. All browsers have slightly different menu names. In Firefox and Chrome, you can right click then choose Save link as

#3 troylori

troylori
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

when I try to download movie or clips or anything like that yesterday all i had to do was click the link that says click to download and it starts downloading today all it does is start playing the file

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

toylori if you are using the Firefox browser, then do this :

- choose from menu Tools > Options
- Select Applications tab
- In the search textbox type video