My computer is running slower than it should. Sometimes when I click on Internet Explorer it opens 2 windows at once, instead of 1. At different times over the last few weeks I have deleted/cleaned 5 Exploit Viruses through my antivirus software, yet they keep coming back. I am looking for a way to get rid of any Exploit viruses for good, and make sure whatever is allowing them on my computer is removed (Java?). I would also like to fix Windows Defender, which is not opening or updating.
My HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook uses Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, and although I have 64 bit, Explorer sometimes uses 32 bit things (?). I run constantly updated Charter Securty Suite, Microsoft Security Essential, and Malwarebytes for my antivirus software.
Everytime I turn on the computer I need to go to Windows Firewall under Control Panel and update settings for it to be on.
The Windows Security Center is fine: all 4 green lights light up. However, at least 3 days ago Windows Defender stopped opening. I get error 0x800106ba haven’t updated Defender since June 26th. There’s a slight chance Microsoft Security could be blocking Defender, but that would be silly, since they are both from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...Phone%20Support
I can’t download a new copy, as it is supposed to come with Vista, so it assumes I have it.
Today, July 8th, Microsoft Security Essentials would not open when I turned on my computer. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it works.
I have used Windows LiveOne Care several times (it takes the whole day) http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm
and the Malicious Software removal tool (it finds nothing). http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx
Charter Security found an .Exploit Virus
Microsoft Security Essentials found and removed 3 Exploit Viruses previously (in the last week), and one today.
Towards the end of June, I noticed problems with the speed, and I restored my computer to the start of june (I want to say June 8th). Then I updated Adobe, reinstalled Java 32 and 64 bit, and added needed updates. I also cleared the Java caches.
*Probably not important, but when I installed Microsoft Security Essentials it said “Microsoft Security Essentials detected items which may not be classified for risks” and listed the following 7 items, and sent info to Microsoft.