Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small-CFQ (TRJ) HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Freyr

Daniel Freyr

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

i need help i got infected with Small-CFQ (TRJ) and i need to get rid of it plz help i need it quick!!

and i do not know much about viruses and things like that so... you might have to be specific i am currently scanning with my avast antivirus and ESET online scanner!.

Edited by Daniel Freyr, 08 July 2010 - 03:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

I would refrain from using Avast! and ESET scans at the same time, they may conflict with eachother (I dont even follow my own advice. Ima hypocrite)
I would also throw in a scan with an updated version of Malwarebytes anti malware. You can get that from malwarebytes.org
Make sure you download it, install it, and update it.

#3 Daniel Freyr

Daniel Freyr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

I would refrain from using Avast! and ESET scans at the same time, they may conflict with eachother (I dont even follow my own advice. Ima hypocrite)
I would also throw in a scan with an updated version of Malwarebytes anti malware. You can get that from malwarebytes.org
Make sure you download it, install it, and update it.

is it free? and is it not a virus... now im scared of downloading things.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daniel Freyr, 08 July 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#4 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

Yes, malwarebytes is very free. and it will not give you a virus if you get it from the download link on its website ( Malwarebytes.org )

Edited by Jayson201, 08 July 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#5 Daniel Freyr

Daniel Freyr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

what scan am i supposed to do?

#6 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Full scan only. It might take an hour or 2, but it should find what you have, along with your other 2 scans you got running.

#7 Daniel Freyr

Daniel Freyr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Full scan only. It might take an hour or 2, but it should find what you have, along with your other 2 scans you got running.

thank you. but sorry this might be a stupid question but can i close it using the "X" and it still scans the computer? and i closed the online scanner

Edited by Daniel Freyr, 08 July 2010 - 04:12 PM.

#8 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

No, dont close it using X while doing a scan.
You can minimize it with the minimize button, but X would close it, even though it should ask "Are you sure you want to cancel the scan" or something like that.....

Keep it minimized and in your taskbar until the scan is finished.

#9 Daniel Freyr

Daniel Freyr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

No, dont close it using X while doing a scan.
You can minimize it with the minimize button, but X would close it, even though it should ask "Are you sure you want to cancel the scan" or something like that.....

Keep it minimized and in your taskbar until the scan is finished.

thank you

#10 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

no problem ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users