Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

icon on taskbar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

I have Windows XP on my computer. How can I put an icon on my taskbar? When I try to drag it there the icon jumps back up. Thank you. murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

I have Windows XP on my computer. How can I put an icon on my taskbar? When I try to drag it there the icon jumps back up. Thank you. murrar

Hi what icon are you trying to put on the taskbar, have you tried right click pin to taskbar, if you can give us more info maybe we can help you more
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Murrar

Murrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

I am trying to put a dictionary icon on my tasskbar. murrar

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Are you trying to add it to the area by the clock (the system tray) or the Quick Launch Area?

System tray is for programs running on your computer. As far as I know, you cannot add a shortcut to it.

You can, however, use Quick Launch.

If Quick Launch is NOT in your taskbar, RIGHT click an empty portion of the taskbar.

Select PROPERTIES/Taskbar tab.

Check SHOW QUICK LAUNCH. Click APPLY.

Quick Launch should appear next to Start.

To add a link to Quick Launch, drag the program icon and drop it in Quick Launch.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 10 July 2010 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users