Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake security warning directs me to purchase Antivirmore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RunnerofBears

RunnerofBears

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

Everytime I try to run a program or do anything on the computer, I get a pop-up saying Security Warning saying "Cannot run application. program is infected do you want to run antivirus?" then it redirects me to purchase from Antivirmore.com.

Please help.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ninasarvik

ninasarvik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

antivirmore.com is a browser hijacker/trojan horse. it infects your computer then sends you error messages that refer you to buy the thing and then the viruses would jsut disappear, this is an easy way for the hacker to make money. My friend is encountering the same problem atm and were figuring out on how to fix it, best solution so far seems to be Spyware Doctor 8just google it).

PEOPLE, DONT RELY ON FREE ANTIVIRUSES. THEY ARE THE PROBLEMS THAT CAUSE YOU THIS KIND OF bleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users