Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wave volume keeps muting itself

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jdsaleh

Jdsaleh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hi,
I have been searching the internet for a solution to my problem. I have found nothing so far. Forums have told me to:
1. restart my computer
2. reinstall my audio drivers
3. update my audio drivers
4. replug in my keyboard and mouse
5. and restore windows to a week earlier

None of these solutions have worked for me. Everytime I turn on my computer my sounds works for a few minutes, then my wave slider goes down. When I put it back up it goes down in about 2min. I have realtek hd audio device.

Please help me. Thank you for your time.
Josh

Edited by Jdsaleh, 08 July 2010 - 09:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

Do you have couple of instances of iexplore.exe processes running in Task Manager, even if Internet Explorer is not open?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

This is a weird one, can't explain why your volume controls have minds of their own, or are being adjusted
by some other program.

It does happen to me occasionally, when I have been editing or converting sound files, (MP3 to Wav).
The Wave slider goes down from 100% to about 30%.

[Roxio EMC 9 Sound Editor; Audacity).

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

@ megrim,

To avoid confusion for the topic starter of this topic and everyone else, I have split your posts and associated responses into their own topic which you can find here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330574/wave-volume-keeps-muting-itself/

@ Bruno Domenjoud,

I have split your post to its own topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic330575.html and removed the duplicate post you created. I will be posting some instructions for you shortly.

@ Jdsaleh,

The posts remaining are addressed to you.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

I would follow the directions that boopme posts in this reply: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331270/wave-control-keeps-going-down-and-invisible-pop-ups/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 jswmbp

jswmbp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi,
I have been searching the internet for a solution to my problem. I have found nothing so far. Forums have told me to:
1. restart my computer
2. reinstall my audio drivers
3. update my audio drivers
4. replug in my keyboard and mouse
5. and restore windows to a week earlier

None of these solutions have worked for me. Everytime I turn on my computer my sounds works for a few minutes, then my wave slider goes down. When I put it back up it goes down in about 2min. I have realtek hd audio device.

Please help me. Thank you for your time.
Josh

Hi 'Jdsaleh',
I Had Same problem with wave volume, I tried everything but nothing worked for 1 Week, then I tried to create few scripts which worked on my computer.

Edited by bloopie, 18 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.
Removed email. ~bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users