Now rescan again with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but this time perform a Full Scan
in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to check for database definition updates
through the program's interface (preferable method
) before scanning and to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
(not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
The database in your previous log shows 4274
. Last I checked it was 4292
If you cannot update MBAM through the program's interface and have already manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page
, be aware that mbam-rules.exe is not
updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating, is to install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program, update through MBAM's interface, copy the definitions (rules.ref
) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows
to show it.
- XP,Windows 2000, 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Vista, Windows 7, 2008: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- Follow these instructions: How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
-- If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.