Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Hacked :(

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 riclcy

riclcy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

recently i jus got a spyware or viruses that jus hacked my email and all my bank's acct was changed so are there anyway to get my email back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:09 AM

Have you taken the appropriate action over your bank accounts?

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log here.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip remember to extract the contents of the zip file into the same folder as Sysclean.com

or

DrWeb CureIT

If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner this command will scan all of your hdd's SAV32CLI.EXE -F -di -remove -dn -mbr -all -zip -p=avscanlog.txt and give you a log file to review afterwards.

If you can't get into safe mode download the following - Ultimate Boot CD however you will need to update the definitions on the disk see here how to do that. Alternatively download a archive version of Public AntiVirus again this will need updating but full instructions are here.

If you want a smaller download look here for instructions on how to create your own boot CD.

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido

I'd also run Spybot(Spybot Tutorial) and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt"

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:50 PM

If your E-mail account has been "hacked" or has been compromised in any way, I wouild advise you to get an completely NEW E-mail account. You would need to discuss with the E-mail provider whether they can move any information you want to your new address.
We might better advise you with you told us what precisely happened to these accounts. In the meantime, you should make absolutely sure that your computer does not have any malware on it. Scanning your hard drive thoroughly with your resident AV and at least one other on-line service is the first step. Using anti-spyware applications such as Spybot and Ad-Aware to check for problems is the second.
Making sure you have a firewall that is working is a third. Lastly make sure that you have ALL MS critical security patches installed. It is always a good practice, as well, to have your computer protected by a password if it is available to others.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 riclcy

riclcy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:54 AM

the problem is that i don't remember the info on the email

Edited by riclcy, 19 October 2005 - 12:54 AM.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:11 AM

If anyone is going to be able to help you they will need some firm info, such as:

What email client are you using? What makes you think you were hacked? Is the problem one missing email message or many or doesn't email work at all now? What does this have to do with your bank account?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 riclcy

riclcy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:20 AM

i use yahoo for my email client. i think i wash hacked cuz i couldn't log on anymore, its probly not hacked but it was hijacked or w/e u call it. i cant even log on to the email so theres alot of important stuff in there.

well heres the email X if any of u guys can help me get it back and i hav prove that this email belong to me cuz my current msn is using that email

Mod Edit: E-mail addy removed for members benefit. ~S

Edited by Scarlett, 20 October 2005 - 09:57 AM.

#7 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:38 AM

Someone may have installed a keylogger on your PC to capture your account details. I'd suggest the following:

Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.

Do you have a Firewall running?: It is better to turn off the Windows firewall and use the firewall built in to your anti-virus program. If that does not have one, download and install Sygate, Kerio or ZoneAlarm. You may have to do some experimentation which will work best with your system. Only run one firewall at any time. You can find links here: Recommended Freeware

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

You could also try downloading ewido. Update and scan in safe mode as with the others.

If you don't find anything then you can submit an HJT log, as suggested before, if you want.

As to accessing your emails you need to contact yahoo.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:27 PM

If you cannot even log-on to Yahoo Email, can you log-on to My Yahoo? This may only be a matter of allowing cookies, which Yahoo employs to hold information about your account. Please advise us exactly where the process stops when you try to access your Email account, or in-box.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 20 October 2005 - 02:29 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 riclcy

riclcy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:52 PM

it says invalid username or password when i tried to log on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users