Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

kernal data inpage error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shaffejs

shaffejs

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hi there. My name is Jason and I recently used your site to get rid of the AV Security Suite from my wife's computer and your instructions worked beautifully. So, thanks.

When I got home from work today, my mother in-law said she 'had some kind of virus' on her computer. [Dell Inspiron 6000, Windows XP Media Center Edition] When I booted it up in safe mode with networking, expecting AV Security Suite, I went into Internet Explorer (not sure which version) and saw that the proxy server was not clicked ... and then I got the blue screen of death. I asked what she had done recently, and she did a Symantec Antivirus live update today, a defrag and disk clean-up because it had started to really slow down in the past few days. Then, she got the blue screen. I tried loading it up again (not in safe mode) and this is the error message I got;

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your comouter.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Technical Information:
*** Stop: 0x0000007A (0xE1BC7900, 0xC000000E, 0xBF917B4A, 0x7C8CE860)
*** win32l.sys Address BF917B4A base at BF800000, DateStamp 4bdd0c20
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

She told me that she hasn't opened any attachments or install new programs.

I have no idea where to start. Any help would be great. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users