Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 2709m connected to PS3 or 360

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael86

Michael86

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Monitor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...;Tpk=hp%202709m

I have my monitor connected to my PS3 with an HDMI cable. The main menu and any of the words in a game are crystal clear, sharp, bright, and perfectly 1080p, but the games themselves have kind of a washed out look to them. It's not crisp or really color heavy like a television would normally be. Everything looks smooth and clean, but not sharp. My friend hooks his 360 to it too and it does the same. I have adjusted all the settings on my PS3 that goes along with the HDMI settings and I've also tried messing with some of the monitor settings, but there's not much of a change. And a side note, the monitor's perfect when I'm on the computer. Do any of you guys have an idea or is that just the way all monitors are?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

One of the main issues with these monitors is Response time. :huh:

I believe that Hp monitor has a response time of around 5ms which is okay but compare to a t.v. its pretty bad.

I think that even do your game console can display crisp words the actual image is being blurred out because of your response time being to slow.
Flat screens have a fast Response time keeping up with any console or blue-ray system.

However your game console requires a faster response time to make the images crisp. (faster than the HP monitor can provide).
even if the console provides with 1080p and monitor can support it. It needs faster response time.

However you can't adjust response time. (Ghz)

But that is my opinion. :thumbsup:

#3 Michael86

Michael86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Oh, okay. I guess that makes sense. It's definitely playable and looks okay, but I'd rather be able to see crisp (I play Modern Warfare 2, so you know how being able to see helps). Well, I'll just have to save up some money and get a television sometime. :huh:

Thanks for replying- I wasn't sure if anybody would. :thumbsup:

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

Im glad that helped a little.

I know MW-2 game is a really fast action games that have Fast frames per second(motion). Computer monitors just arn't up to that speed yet...

#5 Michael86

Michael86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Yep. The only problem I have is the map in the distance is just a little faded and has a whitish or foggy look to it, so it's hard to tell if somebody's standing at a window or something getting ready to snipe you. When I'm over at my brother's house and playing on his tv, you can see everything and it's deeper in color and more crisp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users