AT&T DSL and Motorola Surboards modems
Anyways it should be an easy setup.
1. Connect the modem LAN port to the WAN/Internet port of the router.
2. Turn of your Modem and the router.
3. Turn on the Surfboard modem. Waiting 2- 3min until the surfboard modem stabilizes.
4. Turn on the Linksys router. Your modem - router should be ok. However there are exceptions some surfboards are known to have the same IP address range of the linksys routers so there are tendences of conflicts.
5. Connect you computer to the router - use a cable. You should be online by now.
If not : Launch a browser and typehttp://192.168.1.1
, you will be prompted for a username and password. Leave the username blank password should be admin, unless linksys changed there password default.
You should be on the LAN page by now. Look for the
LAN IP addres it should be 192.168.1.1 -- change it to 192.168.2.1 and perform steps 2 and 3.
If all this is too much, use the CD that comes with the router, it will walk you through the setup. I also contains diagrams.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...