Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ati

Ati

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hi,

I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm not sure if I'm infected but I believe that I am. When I use the internet, tabs are randomly opened, usually ads that when I try to close them, it always asks me if I want to navigate away from the page. Sometimes, avast will tell me that it has found a trojan when I come across these pages. I've scanned my computer with avast and Super Antispyware, and I've found infected files, and removed them, but the problem still continues. This problem usually affects me when I use search engines. When I click on my search results I get redirected from official pages, that I've had no problem accessing before. I hope this info helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

I re read the rules, now I gotchu son.
What you wanna do is download, install, and update Malwarebytes Anti Malware. ( Malwarebytes.org )
Then I want you to do a full scan.
Malwarebytes tends to find more viruses than even McAfee, and I consider McAfee the best.

Hope that helps you.

(I hesitated because I didnt read what you ARENT allowed to say if you arent an admin, but I reread it, then edited my post)

Edited by Jayson201, 07 July 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#3 jdbaker82

jdbaker82

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Actually Mcafee is pretty horrible give ESET NOD32 a shot it will most likely detect the problem you are having at least which is probably a rootkit. You will probably need to use tools like Combofix/Gmer ETC and may need forum assist

#4 Guest_Jayson201_*

Guest_Jayson201_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Actually Mcafee is pretty horrible give ESET NOD32 a shot it will most likely detect the problem you are having at least which is probably a rootkit. You will probably need to use tools like Combofix/Gmer ETC and may need forum assist

Yea, If Malwarebytes does not work, Do what he said.

However, I have used McAfee until Comcast switched to Norton (A holes)
McAfee pretty much kept every computer it was used on safe. I had no problems. There was one issue though, and that was the Vundo trojan, McAfee couldn't remove it a few years ago. It wasn't til last year I found out about Mbam being able to tackle Vundo, and it was too late to save my dads old computer, I had already formatted it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users