When an anti-virus or security program quarantines
a file by renaming and moving it into a virus vault (chest) or a dedicated quarantine folder, that file is essentially disabled and prevented from causing any harm to your system. The quarantined file is safely held there and no longer a threat
until you take action to delete it. One reason for doing this is to prevent deletion of a crucial file that may have been flagged as a "false positive
". Doing this also allows you to view and investigate the files while keeping them from harming your computer. Quarantine is just an added safety measure
. When the quarantined file is known to be malicious
, you can delete
it at any time.
Uninstalling CF will:
- Delete ComboFix's related folders and files.
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions.
- Hide System/Hidden files.
- Clear the System Restore cache to prevent possible reinfection.
- Create a new Restore point.