Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot contact website host

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alorac

alorac

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

I have a website which I use only to forward email. The site doesn't work and all email sent to the site has bounced for over a week. I tried contacing technical support, but have received no response. I would like to transfer this site to another provider, but cannot do so without an authorization code, which I cannot get because I can't contact the provider. The provider is mapname.com, which is associated with dewdesigns.com . I managed to find a telephone number for them, but never get an answer.

What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

You can get the authorization code from within the mapname.com account.
Do you remember the username and password for logging into mapname.com ? If you have forgotten the login information, you follow process to retrieve the forgotten password. All links are available on the main page of mapname.com.

#3 alorac

alorac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. I can log onto mapname.com . Unfortunately, when I click on the link to transfer my site, it sends me to their new login page. I cannot log onto their new page. Of course, I have sent them numerous requests, both to fix the acct., to give me the authorization code, and to give me access to their new page. I have received no response.

Is there any authority that monitors compliance? Do I have any other recourse?

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

What is your domain name and who is your registrar ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users