Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to remove TDssserv.sys & win32\olmarik can anyone help??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost182

Ghost182

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hi all,

I'm helping a friend with her computer as it was running "slow". HP Laptop running XP service pack 3.
The computer was running Norton, with Uniblue Power suit and Malware bites all instaled.

I have come up against a couple of issues I can't fix by myself can anyone help.

Using Filehippo I was able to download Node 32 and UnhackMe.
I found 9 trojans on it which I have removed with Node32 but is has left one behind "win32\Olmaik" which it is unable to clean.
Also "TDSSser.sys" is discovered at boot by Unhack Me I have not been able to clean this from the computer.

The problems they are causing:
All websites which are usefull for removing and or scanning for infections are redirected in the browser.
E.g. I can surf You Tube, but if I try to access Eset.com or any similar site I recive a can not load page message please try again later.

Even using the link from this site for SDFix is blocked.

I can't install new virus software on the computer, downloaded for a diffrent computer, it either does not install it or will not allow it to run after it has been installed.

The computer is still hanging and unable to peform some tasks wich in turn is causeing it to crash.

So far
I have removed Norton as it was a cracked pirate copy.
Installed a new copy of malwarebites but it is beign block when I atempt to run it.
This is the same for UniBlue Powers suit Spyeraser the Regbooster and Speed up facility both run properly.
SDFix has been copied of my computer and placed on the desktop but it will not install.

As I said above I can't access many web sites but I did manage to download and run:
UnhackME: finds the TDSSser.sys imediatly on boot but I can not stop Clean or Remove it, I have tryed several time.
Node 32 finds Win32\Olmik Trojan but can not clean it from system.

Can not install SDFix, there is a great tutorial on this site on how to use it but I need help getting it unpacked before I can use it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 July 2010 - 07:45 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Ghost182

Ghost182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

My bigest problem was not being able to unpack some anti virus fixes, like the one you mentioned the system was blocking me from downloading and installing them. Even when they were copied from a clean computer I was still unable to unpack them.

In the end I just wiped the computer and reinstalled the OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users