Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant reinstall messenger after deleting file

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teefanyy

teefanyy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:34 AM

My computer runs on Vista Home Premium.
Initially, I was having problems with my Windows Live Messenger. When I started it up, right away, a popup would come up saying that the program wasn't responding and had to be closed down. So i found the file folder and deleted it (should've uninstalled it, I know), planning to reinstall it. When I was trying to reinstall it, the installer said that I already have Messenger on my computer, even though Messenger doesn't show up even when I search for it. I think that there might be some orphan files/ extended files on my computer that I can't find.

Can anyone tell me what was the initial problem that caused my Messenger to continuously shut down? How can I find any remaining Messenger files so that I can delete them and reinstall the program?

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:32 AM

Not to make light of your problem, teefanyy, but I would love to get rid of Live Messenger on my computer. I don't use it, and the wasted seconds it takes to close the pop-up are starting to add up. How did you do it?
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

Please try the following:Revo Uninstaller and see if it can remove it.

#4 olly986

olly986

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hello all

Personally I remove messenger because it did not responded anymore and now impossible to reload it, get "file corrupted hr.0x8007000d" tried numerous sites etc...

run spybot, Fsecure, nothing found have tried eusing to clean registry, no improvment still cannot reload.

Any idea about this corrupted file, see some other people with same problem but none of their solutions work so far.

#5 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Back to the problem at hand

Teefanyy, if you havent yet tried it may I suggest doing a system restore? Look for a restore point that dates before Messenger was deleted.

If that doesn't work you can downloads Windows Live Messenger here:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-messenger?os=winvista

A word of advice you most likely have lost any locally saved data.

Good luck.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users