Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Live Security Suite virus!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aisgroup

aisgroup

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

Hi, i'm hoping that someone on this forum will be able to help me, one of our networked computers within our business network has been infected with the "Live Security Suite" virus which i am having a lot of trouble removing.

I have tried following various guides on this and other websites but none of them work due to the fact that the PC will not let me open any programs, even if renamed as some guides explain.

basically all i have been able to do at the moment is manually delete the following files although it does not seem to have helped much:

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Live Security Suite.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Suite
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Suite\Live Security Suite Home Page.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Suite\Live Security Suite.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Suite\Purchase Licence.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Live Security Suite\Purchase License.lnk
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\activate.ico
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\Explorer.ico
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\LiveSS.exe
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\unins000.dat
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\uninstall.ico
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\working.log
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\db
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\db\DBInfo.ver
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\db\ia080614.db
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\db\lists.ini
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\db\WMILib.dll
c:\Program Files\Live Security Suite\Languages
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Live Security Suite
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Live Security Suite\settings.ini
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Live Security Suite\uill.ini
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Live Security Suite\unins000.exe
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Live Security Suite\Uninstall Live Security Suite.lnk
%UserProfile%\Desktop\Live Security Suite.lnk
%UserProfile%\Desktop\LiveSS.exe.txt
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iGSh.png
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iMSh.png
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iPSh.png
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\pguard.ini
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\services.exe

Could somebody please give me some help or advise as to what i could try next to remove this virus? it is very important that i get it removed as quickly as possible as it is affecting the running of our business.

Please note that i am unable to run anything such as task manager, regedit, msconfig, notepad, or pretty much any other program in order to follow other guides i have found.

Many thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aisgroup

aisgroup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

If anyone can help with this issue i forgot to mention the operating system which is Windows Xp.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

What happens when you try to open programs? Do you get any error messages?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users