Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AOL Welcome Screen Elements size problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

Well, my parents been having problems with the AOL software installed on their computer lately. When they sign on the welcome page they are presented with contains elements that are far smaller than usual. They've been experiencing this problem since last week, and THE PROBLEM IS ONLY OCCURRING WITH THE WELCOME SCREEN, NO OTHER WEB PAGES OR APPLICATIONS. I don't know what to do. There is no entry in the AOL settings page for Font size, and all help articles point to changing the font size in Internet explorer. The latter I'm sure will have no effect. They are using AOL 9.5 with the "new" Welcome screen. I consulted them and they said that they had made no changes to the physical or software configuration of their computer prior to this problem. I have read that doing an AOL quick restore can help, but I'm not entirely sure about it. They've had a lot of headaches caused by AOL software failures, but usually they are caused by losing their AOL carousel cache, and i read that doing an AOL Quick Restore will return AOL to its defaults. Can i please get some help? I am entirely clueless about what to do, and that's a rare occurrence. A screen shot that i took of this problem can be seen here:

AOL Problem Screen Shot

System Specs:
Dell Dimension 3000 basic configuration
Windows XP Professional SP3
256mb of RAM
16mb Graphics Card
1024x768 Resolution
Font size set to large
AOL 9.5

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users