Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to wireless network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thorpedo91

Thorpedo91

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

Just installed a rosewill pci wireless adapter into my windows 7 desktop. I am unable to connect to my network. I am able to connect my neighbors unsecured wireless network easily. My network shows up as 3 out of 5 bars for signal strength in my network icon on the lower right hand corner of the screen. but when I try to connect to my own network ( I think the security is called WPA PSK, not near it at the moment.) It will attempt to connect to my network, but fails before it asks me to enter the password. I tried connecting to two other neighbors networks with security, both at least asked for a password. My laptop, and all of my friend's computers successfully connect to the wireless network.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Please try to check if there is an existing wireless profile setup on your pc. This usually happens when you have an unsecured network then you secured the network.

If would also help to contact the router support to get more details.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...

#3 Thorpedo91

Thorpedo91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

I have never had a wireless adapter in the computer before, so i don't believe there is a existing wireless profile. also, I used the rosewill wireless utility to input the proper type of security and proper password for the network. I am positive all of that is right. Thank you for the suggestions. Contacting the the routers support is probably the best option right now. Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users