Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Else Get Chinese TV?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 j9perdue

j9perdue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Bleeping Computer wants the name of my virus problem before I post it. I donít know what itís called. Have searched the forums but donít find any with a similar description. Here are (some of) the symptoms:

ē Frequent blue screen crashes, now sometimes colored screens. Blue screen often says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

ē Always when I turn off the computer, I get an End Program box for a program thatís not closing, the name of the program is always 3 digits, two letters and a number, and they are a different letter/# combo every time.

ē My speakers have started spontaneously playing what sounds like Chinese TV shows, but there is nothing on the monitor. One that has been repeated several times is called My China Journal. A second show I didnít get the name of but it talked about Chinese people. These two were in English. A third time it was in what I think is Chinese, so I donít know what was said.

I have many other small problems, including Google redirect which I have not been able to get rid of. I donít use Google for searches.

I have Avast antivirus, and have run Superantispyware and Malwarebytes many times. They donít find anything. I tried AVG before Avast and it made my PC run too slow. I have Windows XP on a non branded PC.

Does anyone know what to call this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 j9perdue

j9perdue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

I've checked back several times and seen views, but no replies. Thought I add an update.

I've been turning off my DSL, or my DSL and PC when I'm not using it - which is most of the time. So far when I've been using it I haven't had TV coming thru my speakers (not MY TV), nor some of the other problems I had before. I do still get the End Program box for a program thatís not closing, although I noticed the program name had 4 digits one time. Usually it's three seemingly random digits.

I updated some of my drivers and get almost no blue screens now.

I do have the Google redirect virus, which I haven't found anything that will remove. I don't use Google, I use Dogpile, so it's not much of a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users