Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New netbook behaving badly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rraa

Rraa

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Today I made the mistake of buying a netbook - its a Samsung N210 and I thought it would be just a matter of going through a few starting up procedures but I am really unsure of what I saw and wondered whether anyone here has seen anything similar.

The initial few screens are nothing to worry about but as soon as I start to read the Windows Agreement before I get a chance to click on "I Agree" and go on from there, the screen scrambles and looks like this:

Posted Image

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Am considering taking it straight back to the shop tomorrow and demanding my money back as it seems to me that this is not as described and not fit for purpose either. :thumbsup:

Still, unless there is something I need to know, I shall hold my horses until / unless I get better advice.

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2010 - 08:22 PM.
Moved from Buying A New Computer to Internal Hardware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

If you really want my personal opinion, I would take it back to the shop and have them fix the problem, I do not think that video problem is driver related, it seems more like a hardware problem.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Rraa

Rraa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

Thanks MrBruce - I suspected this may have to be the next course of action.

I shall ask for my money back and get one from an alternative supplier who can prove that the product works.

#4 Rraa

Rraa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

HI MrBruce - I have been back to the shop and - because I wanted a netbook, I decided to ask them to replace it with a new one which they did. I am now using my new netbook to post this message and it works just fine. HEy had put in an upgrade 2GB RAM into the Netbook when I bought it and the RAM chip was upsetting the display for some reason. Anyway, today I am a satisfied customer. :thumbsup:

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for sharing this happy conlusion with all of us, it always makes my day to see people posting with a happy smile. :flowers: :trumpet:

Best of luck to you and happy computing! :thumbsup:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users