Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wlancfgg.exe ?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

my networks playing up again this program keeps popping up called WLanCFgG.exe have no idea what this is but the wirelessmonitor keeps coming up and saying that it has encountered a problem with it.

i have pressed ctrl/alt/del and ended the wireless monitor and it just keeps coming back i have ended the WLanCFgG.exein the processes and it keeps coming back i have tried not sending a report and i have tried sending them nothing happens.

matter what i do it just keeps coming back and doing the same its a major pain because if im playing a game like CS:CZ it closes the window and goes back to the main screen any ideas???
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

What OS are you using...98se?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

im useing xp sp2

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

Try to uninstall it from the controll panal. If it is not listed there look in Spybot or CCleaner's uninstall files.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:13 PM

It's a Belkin wireless network program, probably found in C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin Wireless Network Utility\WLanCfgG.exe

You can try renaming it or try in Task manager, processes, highlight it if it is there and click end process button :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

ive tried ending the process i did say but not very clearly :thumbsup: and it hasnt done anything im gonna try to uninstall it

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

I would submit a hijack log ... See the SECURITY forum Follow the instructions and after you submit do not change anything til you get told to

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

#8 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:18 AM

ok i have sorted it all out it took a while though i reinstalled it all about 4 times :thumbsup: but its all sorted thanks guys

#9 FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:49 AM

The solution!

This problem has been driving some of my colleagues wild. I found this page and read it hopefully only to find that Conk had solved it and then been so happy surfing the web that he/she was too busy to post the solution. :thumbsup: :flowers:

The problem is one of Belkin's utilities. Which is, to be polite about it, far too enthusiastic for it's own good. It relates to Part/Product Number F5D7050 which is a Wireless G USB Network Adaptor (a USB dongle with a cradle.)

So, for all of you fellow sufferers here it is; fresh from Belkin's own website, but posted here in full as well as with a link because it's such a pig to find hidden deep in their Tech Support FAQS. Part of the problem being that you need to use the part number to find it... and the other part is they've mis-spelled the error (Belkin have it as Wlancfg.exe not WlanCfgG.exe... arrrrggggghhhhhhh!

This worked for me 1st time. I hope this sorts things for you.

Here's the link:
http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/faqs...en&stamp=565A5F

Which leads to a link that looks like this:

Part No: Title
f5d7050: Wlancfg.exe error message.

Here's the text behind Wlancfg.exe error message:

Part Number F5D7050

Question: I keep seeing an error message with this file, how do I resolve this?

Resolution:
1. Uninstall the Software from add/remove programs in the Control Panel.
2. Go into the Windows services list and verify that the Windows Zero Configuration service is set to automatic and has been started.
3. Unplug the adapter and reboot the PC.
4. Plug the adapter back in. If Windows nags for a driver, point it to the CD included with the adapter.

You can now configure the wireless adapter from your Windows control panel. The Belkin utility will not be installed.

Here's the rest of the info you need (for XP Professional):
1. Start, Control Panels, Add or Remove Software, select the Belkin software and remove it
2. Start, Control Panels, Administrative Tools, Services, scroll to the bottom to find the Windows Zero Configuration service. Double click to open and change the setting to Automatic.
3. Come on, you don't need my help with that instruction do you?
4. Come on, you don't need my help with that instruction do you? If so, click the 'Have disk' button when it whinges about the software and is asking for help.

Happy surfing.

The FunkyGibbon :trumpet:

PS if this solves it for you please post to this thread and say so. It was such a lonely search for the solution that it would be nice to feel that other people had benefitted. Thanks FG

Edited by FunkyGibbon, 20 February 2006 - 06:52 AM.

#10 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:58 AM

Excellent reply.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#11 CharlieP

CharlieP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

:thumbsup: Hurrah worked first time!
Thanks - I was tearing my hair out
CharlieP

#12 bickers

bickers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:26 AM

:thumbsup:
Yes excellent reply indeed!

I really wish software/hardware firms would thoroughly test their products before releasing into the PD!

Keep up the solid work bleeping!
Thanks FunkyGibbon :flowers:

Edited by bickers, 16 May 2006 - 06:27 AM.

#13 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

hey i have a tiny problem. I dont know how 2 instal my wireless router its 2 hard for me so i got a comp tech 2 do it for me ($100/h) if i uninstall the software and reinstall it would i be able 2 set up my wireless router or will i need him 2 cum back again 2 install it?

#14 mordillo

mordillo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

Thnaks FunkyGibbon, very good answer. :thumbsup:
I don't see any error with this process, I noticed it when I saw that it has the largest PageFault number in the task manager. after implementing the fix, does this process disapear compleatly? I just dont want to fix somthing that I'm not sure is broken...

#15 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

If it isn't broken, and you have connectivity, and do not get the error message as described in this thread or any other error, and you are experiencing no other problems -LEAVE IT ALONE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users