Have you run MBAM and SAS yet??Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(v1.46) and save it to your desktop.
Before you save it rename it to say zztoy.exe alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Next run ATF and SAS:
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes"
and reboot normally.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.
If still redirecting>>>Change your DNS Servers:[
and in the open box, type: cmd
[*]Press OK or Hit Enter.
[*]At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdns
[*]You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.
[*]Close the command box.
[/list]If the above commands did not resolve the problem, the next thing to try is to reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS
- Go to > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections.
- Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties.
- Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.
- Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.
- Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically".
- If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".
- Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.
users can refer to How to Change TCP/IP settingsCAUTION
: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address, then you may proceed.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.