Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winpfind Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Keith E

Keith E

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:35 AM

Hi guys

A new member here.

I've downloaded WinPFind from this site and have run it and it's run for about 4-5 hours without establishing anything. I have a Dell Dimension 4100 running 98se with a 40 gig hard drive.

Does anyone have any idea how long to leave it doing it's stuff before checking to see if it's getting anywhere?

Keith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

:thumbsup: to BC Keith
Sorry I can't help you with that program. I just want to be polite and welcome you to the board.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:20 PM

What mode are you trying to run WinPFind in?

Give a little background on the PC as well?

#4 Keith E

Keith E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:22 PM

What mode are you trying to run WinPFind in?

Give a little background on the PC as well?

I'm doing a whole system scan.

I had what I think was a trojan programme attack IE. It planted a toolbar and cause some crashes. I got rid of the toolbar - after some time, and in a way I cannot quite figure - and everything seems fine except that I find the above problem with opening Word and Excel.

The PC is a few years old. It's a Dell Dimension 4100 with 98se. I use it for writing and accounts mainly - but working from home I tend also to get lots of email and have to deal with quite a few image files. I use photoshop and other picture manipulation programmes a lot that take up storage. Hence my 40 gig drive has only 12% left.

As to a print out of all system set up etc - I do not know how to do that, so please inform me what you need to know.

#5 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:46 AM

Are you running WinPFind in Normal or Safe Mode?

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:07 AM

I find the above problem with opening Word and Excel.

What problem is that?

12% free space is barely enough to keep operating. Try running Ccleaner

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users