Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

List Not Tiles In Window Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kbg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:01 AM

Hi All.

I am wondering if someone can advice on how to set the default view on "List" rather than "Tiles" for folders in Windows Explorer? Each time I open Explorer and then click on a folder what is displayed is a series of tiles. I would rather see a simple list of the folders. I can do this manually by simply clicking "View" on the Explorer toolbar and then selecting "List". But is there anyway of setting the default to "List" so that I don't have to do this each time for each folder I go to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:37 AM

Try this.
Right click the taskbar at the bottom of the page. Select Properties. Then select Start Menu>coustomize>advanced. Ckeck the boxes that apply to what you want to do.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:38 AM

Well, you ask a good question as I was wondering the same thing the other day but was too lazy to find the answer. Now with you asking, it made me poke around a little bit and come up with the answer.

Try this:

Open Windows Explorer.

Set that window to the type of view you want by going to View > and then choosing List, or Detail, or whatever view you want all the folders to open with in the future.

Once that is done, go to Tools > Folder Options > the View tab > click on Aplly to All Folders button.

That's it! From now on every window you open in Windows Explorer will have your chosen view.

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users