Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 biatche

biatche

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

It's been about 10 days running Win7 64bit, with the latest drivers, and windows updates.

I've gotten the bsod 3-4 times now, every 2-4 days so far. Happens only when I sleep (literally). So I'll say start time midnight up until 5am, which was when i woke up to see the bsod. Somewhere there.
I will then need to turn off the computer as my harddisk appears in "shutdown" upon restarting from the bsod. (I will not conclude that my SSD has issues because I've seen bsod's shutdown harddrives).
I have scheduled diskdefrag disabled. I went through task scheduler i found some customer experience improvement stuff and a couple of other stuff that run during sleep hours.
I have bluescreenview however.. c:\windows\minidump is missing. Have I unknowingly disabled something?

Any ideas people?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

You can try going to administrator tools and see if you see any errors there under the administrator events logs with either exclamation marks or red X's.

if you see any that stick out, post those in your next reply.

There is also a way to save that log as well and post it here, if you prefer too to do instead and we can help you diagnose your problem.

Kind regards.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 biatche

biatche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

Yeah I did already go through the logs, but i couldn't find anything to that timeframe.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

It's been about 10 days running Win7 64bit

Brand new computer?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 biatche

biatche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

i3 530
corsair 2x2gb 1600mhz (happened with 1333mhz) -- so yes, ive tried many thigns
corsair f60 ssd

gfx card irrelevant

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

New build, or brand new from the store?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#7 biatche

biatche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

some parts new, some parts old.

ram board, ssd proc... all new.

does it matter?

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,613 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

Check your settings...

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel (Start>Control Panel in Vista).
2. Double-click System.
3. Click (Advanced system settings link in Vista, then --->)the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Make sure, there is a checkmark in Write an event to the system log.
5. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k) (128K in Windows 7).

Create minidump folder in c:\windows

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users