If you can not access the link above please read this, this is the information from that page.
This information comes from Sony's web site.
How to remove and reinstall Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) BIOS.
IMPORTANT: Do not restart the computer at any time during this procedure unless the computer has stopped responding. Restarting the computer may result in the removal of most of the hardware from the operating system, requiring extensive reinstallation of any hardware removed.
Click the Start button, point to Settings , and click Control Panel .
In the Control Panel window, double-click the System icon.
In the System Properties window, click the Device Manager tab.
On the Device Manager tab, double-click System Devices .
Under System Devices , click to select Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) BIOS .
Click the Remove button.
In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the OK button.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Pressing the Cancel button or restarting the system after this point may result in damage to critical operating system files. This may require a format and recovery of the hard drive. A format and recovery of the hard drive will result in a loss of all data.
In the System board extension... dialog box, click the Test button.
In the System Settings Change dialog box, click the No button.
On the taskbar , click the Start button, point to Settings , and click Control Panel .
11. In the Control Panel window, double-click the Add New Hardware icon.
12. In the Add New Hardware Wizard window, click the Next button.
13. Under Windows will now search for any new Plug and Play devices... , click the Next button.
14. Under Windows will now search for any new devices that are not Plug and Play compatible , click the Next button.
15. Under Windows has finished detecting hardware , click the Details button.
NOTE: In the Detected box, Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) BIOS will appear, indicating the hardware is functioning properly.
16. Click the Finish button.
17. Restart the computer.
18. Try to recreate the issue.
NOTE: If the issue is resolved, an incorrect installation of ACPI may have been the cause of the issue.
Edited by MrBruce1959, 05 July 2010 - 06:59 PM.