Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Know Computer is still infected but do not know what to do

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mar's Computer

Mar's Computer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

Computer had been running very slow. Received alert that had a backdoor.bot- had Norton running- useless. Downloaded Malware and it removed a couple of trojans. Bought and ran Webroot Internet Security and it says the computer is virus free but still does not seem to be running correctly and to be honest am still paranoid. Should'nt I be able to restore to a previous date? Computer will not let me. Twice when I have logged on- under my account it will say I have a ridiculous amount of mail. Has also reset my dates so that my Webroot tells me it has expired; all this has happened since the computer was "cleaned." I ran Hijack this but do not know what I am doing so am afraid to "fix" anything. I truly need some direction and any type of help to clean my computer. We are in the middle of a job search so I do not have the money to spend on a new computer. I have Dell Desktop 8300 that runs XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users