Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Alert. AV virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ringobjingo

Ringobjingo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

I keep getting popups in my task bar saying 'windows security alert' telling me the computer is infected. However, upon clicking, it takes me to the AV security suite demo, then wants me to buy the product.

However, now I can't open anything. Ive tried clicking Spybot and Adware and the popups just say, application cannot be executed. File is infected. I tried downloading Malware bytes.. but after installation it too wouldnt open.

Might I be able to run these in safemode?

I dont know what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Blade Zephon, 05 July 2010 - 03:09 PM.
Moved from XP to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users