Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash player 10.1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bench1

Bench1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

I updated Flash Player per instuctions by uninstalling old, rebooting, installing new, rebooting. Adobe web site verifys it is insatlled on my PC. When I try to play a video sometimes it starts, sometimes not. Some times I can get the video to play by refreshing the screen several times. Most times the video plays for about 3 secs then hangs up. XP Home, IE 8, Adobe Flash 10.1.
I have read some forums that say IE 8 and Flash 10.1 not compatiblew. I tried going back to older version of Flash still no good.
I have another PC with the same setup and Flash works okay.
What am I missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Well...I don't see logically...how you singled out Flash as the problem.

As for compatibility between IE8 and Flash 10.1...I've had both installed for some time, with no indication of "incompatibility". The fact that you have a PC that works with same setup...well, it reflects badly on any credibility of the incompatibility theory, IMO.

I'd take a look in Event Viewer for errors...and I'd ensure that I had all XP critical updates installed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users