Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing DLL file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bambi80

Bambi80

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Unable to locate component - regardless of the component, I get the following error message:
This application has failed to start because netdgyuvnp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

A google search of netdgyuvnp.dll resulted in no hits.

I have updated and did a full scan with Malware Bytes and the following results:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
7/5/2010 11:41:35 AM
mbam-log-2010-07-05 (11-41-35).txt
Scan type: Full scan (C:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 163779
Time elapsed: 44 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
Registry Keys Infected:
Registry Values Infected:
Registry Data Items Infected:
Folders Infected:
Files Infected:

Obviously the Microsoft forums were of no help at all. Most applications will start up after displaying the message and pressing OK, but some will not. It looks to be some sort of rundll.exe error. My Computer properties will not display with this error. I'm running a Dell Dimension 2400 (ancient) with XP Pro SP3.

EDIT: Removed HJT log, not permitted in this forum, do not believe this is malware issue ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 05 July 2010 - 01:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

<<This application has failed to start because netdgyuvnp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.>>

What application might this be referring to?

Typically, this type of error might be noted when a malware item has been deleted/removed...but a pointer remains which is trying to run the malware item. The item is trying to run but executable no longer exists.

AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx.

No need to download, you can run this from online. On the right side of the webpage, there is a button below the words "Download" and "Download Autoruns and Autorunsc...iin blue, Run Autoruns now lfrom Live.Sysinternals.com. When presented with options, choose "run" not "save."

You will be presented with a list of tabs...click the tab titled Logon.

Either take a screenshot...or post the detail reflected there, just on that tab.

Louis

#3 Bambi80

Bambi80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Louis,
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this message appears anytime I try to open/run ANY .exe file. EVERY.TIME.

Here's the screen shot from the Autoruns Logon Tab. Thanks.

Attached Files

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

OK...I don't see anything noteworthy, so I abandon my theory :thumbsup:.

I will not reattach your log...doing so will just delay the response time...and I will move this thread to our Am I Infected forum. Someone will assist you in verifying that it is/is not a malware problem.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users