Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

accessing remote calendar from separate pc using Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jasonpc

jasonpc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

Hopefully someone here can give me suggestions on how this is done...

My host does not know how this is done and I have been googling for a few weeks and as I do not know what I am actually looking for I do know what I want !

I have Outlook 2002 and wish to sync my caneldar with my server (email account) so I can access my calendar from any pc that has Outlook setup with my login details.

I have been told that it is possible and there is no need for third party software. But thats as far as I have got.

I did try to use IMAP but I only get the mail folder show up.

I did see something about 'free/busy' in Outlook but i kept getting an error that a 'write operation failed' no idea what write failed just had a pop box saying this.

Can anyone glep me out here ?

Edited by Andrew, 05 July 2010 - 07:24 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved to more appropriate forum -AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 swmtech

swmtech

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

Who/what is your mail server? The only mail servers that usually host calanders are Exchange Servers and Google. ( theremay be others, but I haven't run across them. If your email provider doesn't host calendars, your pretty much out of luck unless you use a third party app. And since your host doesn't know how it's done, I'd bank on that being the answer.

If you had an exchange email server, it would just work. If you have a gmail account you have to download, install and configure a free app from them to sync your calendar.

If you have access to web space, MS Outlook has a way to set up one way publishing of your outlook calendar, but no syncing back to the original machine. I had it working one time for a client and it would stop working all the time for no apparent reason. So I don't really recommend it anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users