Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My System Will Not Recogise A Hard Drive (slave)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HoldenGirl

HoldenGirl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:17 PM

my system usually has 3 hard drives but now windows can only see 2. When the system is starting it will only show 2 drives when there is 3 physical drives installed. when you start the system the system light is constantly on. How do I get my drive back.........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

Have you gone into the BIOS and see if it is still listed? If you cannot, you may have had a total drive failure. Do you know the make of the drive? Manufactures somtimes have utilites to scan their drives.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:48 AM

As acklan says... See some of the links to tools listed in the pinned post at the top of this forum by the mighty Leurgy.

Unless you've had some sort of BIOS corruption if the drive was there yesterday and not here today I'd say it's sionara to your third drive. Sorry. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users