Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is an Animated Slide Show a Video ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

I recently became interested in the possibilities that concern placing an animated slide show,

on You Tube, . .

so I am on a learning journey trying to figure out which end is up, there are many terms that I

am needing to learn, . . most I can get a feel by learning the definitions found on the web and in

tutorials, but I would like to know, is an animated slide show a video ?

My guess is yes it is, that is because, I believe I read this, but I don't remember where.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

You can make a slideshow, without sound, in GIF format, or with sound in Flash format, etc.

However, if you want to publish your creations on YouTube, the file to be uploaded
has to be converted to video format.

YouTube info as follows:

"Uploading Your Videos to YouTube

You'll need to save the video in a format that YouTube can accept in order to upload.

Save your videos as either QuickTime .MOV, Windows .AVI, or .MPG files;
these are the most common formats and they work well within our system.

We specifically recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 640x480 resolution with MP3 audio.

Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube."
----------------------------------------

You can use Windows Movie Maker to put your pictures together.

You can import files with the following file name extensions into Windows Movie Maker to use in your project:

Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma
Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf
Video files: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

Edited, having regard to subsequent Post #3.

Edited by petewills , 06 July 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Just an update on my previous post - from YouTube info:

"YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats.
The video files below are all accepted by YouTube.
Some video formats work best and are most compatible with certain computers, software or devices.

Windows Media Video(.AVI)
.3GP (mobile phones)
.WMV (windows)
.MOV (mac)
.MP4 (iPod/PSP)
.MPEG
.FLV (Adobe Flash)
.MKV (h.264)

If you do not think that your current video file format is recognised by YouTube,
you may get the best uploading results from converting your file to MPEG4 video with MP3 audio".

The default output in Movie Maker will be a WMV file; reasonable size and on the YouTube list.

Edited by petewills , 06 July 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Adobe flash is the easiest to create, just curious what you intend to use as the source, an analog video camera or a digital camera. Or are you thinking of creating computer generated animation or using actual frames of real life video footage from a camera and then editing in computer generated graphics?

Edited by MrBruce1959, 07 July 2010 - 02:12 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users