Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If a BIOS flash freezes.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew.

Matthew.

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

This happened to me earlier today and it scared the living crap out of me. While it froze at the last step, I search online if it was normal for a BIOS update to take a few hours to update. I found out that it shouldn't take as long as mine did and some people mentioned that when they restarted their computer in the process, it'd mess up their system. So what I did in the process was run a system restore and it worked. I dont know if this is actually a tip or trick but it could be useful for the next person who gets screwed over o a BIOS update.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

A Windows system restore would have no affect whatsoever on the BIOS. If the BIOS was screwed up, you wouldn't even be able to boot the computer, let alone use Windows.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

Now you can update your BIOS using Windows tools. My Gigabyte motherboard does this and if it fails, you are still inside Windows. So you can re-flash the BIOS with older backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users