Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Distorted and/or corrupted mp3 files.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew.

Matthew.

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hi.
I have a problem with some mp3 files of mine. Before I got a new laptop, these files were working fine. I transferred these files over to my laptop and hooked up my set of logitech z 2300 speakers to the laptop and the mp3 files were still playing properly. Slowly though, certain mp3 files that I used to listen to or never listened to before starts becoming messed up. It starts off fine for the first second and then slowly the sound becomes louder and louder with no bass and it jsut sounds like when you turn the tv on a channel you don't have and it makes that loud noise. I tried re downloading a different mp3 with the same title but this still happens for just that certain song. Could this be a problem with the logitech drivers? Does anyone know what exactly is happening? I sent the file to a friend of mine and it plays properly.

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 GHz

4.00GB RAM

64 Bit OS

nVidea High Definition Audio Realtek

nVidea 1 gig vid card 330 gt or something

Thanks. Help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

What are you using to listen to these MP3 files with?

Windows Media Player or another type of software?
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Matthew.

Matthew.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

I am using windows media player 12 to play the files. I sure hope its just a wrong setting that needs to be fixed cause i have been reluctant to download new programs just for one purpose.

Edited by Matthew., 08 July 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#4 Matthew.

Matthew.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

The problem still persists. =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users