Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless connection works but some sites dont work and cannot load videos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mokymoky

mokymoky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hello i would like to get started with a brief history of my problem. My computer is connected to a wireless modem/router through a wire. I wanted to move my computer up stairs so i purchased a wireless usb adapter from cisco ae1000. The problem i had was when i connected wireless only google would work but yahoo would not, and sometimes youtube but the videos would never work. When i connect directly through a WIRE i have no problems at all. So i contacted cisco customer support and they evaluated it as a defective product so i returned it. After this happened i bought a belkin wireless usb adapter, and i still have the exact same problem where if connect wirelessly google works but yahoo does not (actually scartch that almost nothing works but google, but youtube sometimes works.) The thing is everything is perfect when i connect through wire i have absoluetly no problems what so ever when i connected directly through a wire. Also i have two other computers that only connect to the router wirelessly and have no problems at all. Belkin and Cisco both could not help me so please someone help me :D - thank you :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

maybe you should investigate the usb port. try another one or test the one you are using with another device (i.e. camera)

#3 mokymoky

mokymoky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

i tryed on many differnt ports i also tried it on a different computer so i know im not doing anything wrong in terms of the physical

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

so you tried the adapter in another computer and it works ? maybe there is some interference between the computer(upstairs) and the router(downstairs). can you move computer closer to router to test if that is an issue ?

#5 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Fastest way to check if there is interference between yours laptop and the router is by performing a ping test.

Regular ping only reflects 4 packets, I would suggest a continuous pings to test.

Pull up a command prompt and type in

ping <insert wireless router/access point address> -t

Please post your results so that it can be evaluated.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users