Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keylogger Removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scoots1m

scoots1m

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hi all,
This friday i noticed i had a keylogger as my WOW account was comprimised and cleaned out.
So i ran a full scan using a full version of Kaspersky, then one with Ad Aware, then with Spybot Search & Destroy and finaly with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. All of these were fully updated before scanning, and none of them returned any virus' or more importantly, keyloggers.
So i assumed they must have gained access to my account some other way, i got the account sorted out, changed back my password and email address etc etc, I ran a second scan on each of them after the rest just to be sure, and again it all showed up clear.
However it seems i still have it, as my account once again was comprimsed and my password changed, whats worse is as soon as i received an e-mail from blizzard (assuming mentionin the pass and email change) it was deleted from my email account, so i assume they have access to that now (i since changed all my passwords on a clean pc).

I'm at a loss now for how to remove the keylogger or trojan seeing as none of these programs could remove it, or even detect it.

Would a OS reinstall remove it ?

or does anyone else have any other advice on how to remove the keylogger, preferably a reinstall as last option as i would have to back-up a lot of university work which i would rather not do.

Regards
Jordan

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Hello what is the OS? We would need that info to proceed.
A reformat and re install would remove it.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 scoots1m

scoots1m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

Ah sorry, i posted in windows 7 section previously, should have updated it noce it got moved.
I'm using windwos 7 pro 64 bit.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Well we can run one more tool as I don't see evidence of a Key logger ,,, More likely a Rootkit and/or backdoor bot is locked into your system and has control.. In fact it is buried and/or protected so let's get a DDS log and move to that section.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
Gmer won't run oh a 64,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users