Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse - Download.Tiny.BB Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Helpless One

Helpless One

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

:thumbsup:

While I was on a business trip, somebody got my computer infected it seems. I first knew something was wrong when the the sound kept going out and I had to reset the sound settings to get the sound back on on. Since, other things were happening, including a pop-up, messages about wanting to make IE my default browser, etc. My computer has AVG Anti-Virus (Free Version 8, I'll be upgrading ASAP), and on three separate scans it found infections, including Trojan house Clicker.AJUP, Tracking cooking.Trafficmp, Tracking cooking.Overture, Virus FakeAlert, and the latest on separate scans Trojan horse Downloader.Tiny.BB.

It seems there must be something lodged in the computer that's bringing about these infections, but I don't know where to start looking for it. At this point, I'm a bit afraid to turn that bleeping computer on (I'm using a different laptop). If anyone can get me started on this, I'd really appreciate it.

For the record, that computer is running Windows XP.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Helpless One

Helpless One
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

To update, whatever is going on, iexplore.exe keeps opening up, even after I End Process from the Windows Task Manager. It's rather disturbing. (Firefox is my default browser.)

#3 Helpless One

Helpless One
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

And one more thing I've just found. http://www.yadaying.com/index.php?aff_id=979 - Windows Internet Explorer is running in the background, and I don't know how to stop it from running.

Thanks in advance for helping me (before I toss my computer out the window)!

#4 Helpless One

Helpless One
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Have I stumped everyone? I could still use some help. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users