Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell inspiron i

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:29 AM

I'm so stuck got a neighbours dell computer to repair I turn it on and it goes stright to windows boot manager it and tells me
Choose an operating system to start , or press tab to select a tool
I cant use the keybroad to choose windows vista
I turned it off and restarted pressing f8 to boot device and again i cant use the key pad to select anything

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

I'm thinking of trying to reinstall the os I have not done this before but I have the disk also the driver disc.Can i just put in the os disc and then after put in the driver disc.Guess my question is Should i do this and if is any tips on how would be great. also can I now can get into safe mode. Thanks for taking the time to read this any help would be great. Thanks

#3 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

Just after reading my posts and even i'm having trouble following the. My question is Before I start doing the reinstall using the two dics its there anything i should do are is it as stright forward as putting in discs. Again thanks for the help

#4 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

You might want to go to the Dell website and see if they have detailed instructions for using the restore disks for that model on the site.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#5 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

i just put it back to factory settings so hoping that will work.Ill be back to let you know .Thanks so much for the help

#6 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

i restored and it all went well till i tried to enter my internet key and when try it changes my numbers to other numbers is this because of a vivus any help would be great. thanks

#7 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

Got it going and now using ninite to put all programs back in. Fingers crossed!!!!!

#8 shogun697

shogun697
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Its happen again four are five beeps at start up and" Choose an operating system to start , or press tab to select a tool"
any help would be great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users