Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All browsers either redirecting or hanging with a blank page.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darrenlc

darrenlc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

Both Firefox and Chrome are either redirecting or hanging with a blank page. I assume it would be a waste of time to try IE.

When I try to play a video on Vimeo I always get a hanging blank page. When I go to The Area at Autodesk.com I always get a blank page. However, I can play videos on YouTube. Various other pages without embedded video are also causing a hanging blank page.

Clicking links on a web page frequent results in a redirect. This includes links from a Google search.

Some sites I am redirected to:

mydealmatch.com

hxxp://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/help

hxxp://main.exoclick.com/click.php?data=c291cmNla25vd2xlZGdlfDh8MC42fGh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZleG9jbGljay40MDUzMS5ibHVlc2Vlay5jb20lMkZqdW1wMSUyRiUzRmFmZmlsaWF0ZSUzRGV4b2NsaWNrJTI2c3ViaWQlM0Q0MDUzMSUyNnRlcm1zJTNEZ3JhcGhpY3MlMjZzaWQlM0RaNTAxMDQ0MzQ3JTI1NDAlMjU0MFFNZmRqTTVNRE80SXpYMWtETmZOak1mQnpOeDhWTjBjak14SURPM0lUTSUyNmElM0Rya2JweXZweCUyNm1yJTNEMSUyNnJjJTNEMHwxNXxncmFwaGljc3wxMTQyfDUwfDEyNzgyMTI3NDV8YXRvcHJlcG9ydGVyLmNvbXwxNzMuODAuNDQuMjI5fDgtMHwwfE5VTEx8MnwxfDFkYjg4YzZhYzY2ZjBlZWQ4ZTJjOGU2YmY5NGQ0OGMz

When I am being redirected I always see "results5.google.com" in the address bar.

Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

I have already updated MalwareBytes' AntiMalware and then scanned in Safe Mode. It detected nothing. My AV is ESET Smart Security 4.2

EDIT---------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm biting my tongue. IE is working. However, I would think it will only be a matter of time until it is doing the same thing. I just installed Chrome a couple of hours ago and it started doing it immediately.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 July 2010 - 12:41 PM.
Deactivate links. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 darrenlc

darrenlc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

There is another computer in the house that now has the same problem.

#3 darrenlc

darrenlc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

I just had my first appearance of a rogue antivirus appear on this machine. I think it was called Total Antivirus. MalwareBytes still detects nothing. Tried Super Antispyware and it removed a fair amount of cookies but that was it. I'm still experiencing the redirects.

I have no idea how we got this on two separate computers and reformatting them will take me quite some time. Could someone at least point me in the right direction as far as the software I should use to scan with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users