Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless and Ethernet not connecting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 smw5003

smw5003

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

I'm using a 2nd computer in the same room to type out this post.
Both the wireless and ethernet are not working on my primary computer.
When plugged in with an ethernet cord, I get a limited connectivity sign,
and when using wireless, it shows that whenever I try to connect, it fails to connect as well as limited connectivity.
Before, it was working fine, but some viruses started to mess around with the internet and registry keys, but I believe I have cleared almost all of the malware, if not all of it.
The last time I was able to connect to the internet was May 20th, I've neglected this computer for a while, and now the antivirus programs (Malwarebytes, Comodo) are out of date.
When I look at the wireless or ethernet connection status, there are 0 packets coming in or out and the ip address it attempts to connect to is 169.254.53.220
I've attempted to reset the modem and router, and set a manual address for it to connect to, but none of that helped.
What more information should I post, and what should be my first step to solving this problem?

Side note: Also, I've finally managed to accrue some money since I have a job now, but I don't remember the moderator that helped me last time, any way I can find out who he/she was? I'd very much like to thank them with a donation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic315561-30.html

Since it appears to me that you never responded to the last questions from Myrti, I suggest that you send a PM to her...and then finish the topic above.

In the interim, I am closing this thread to prevent any conflicts/confusion which might be caused.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2010 - 02:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users