Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Enable Welcome Screen in Recovery Console?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mant

mant

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

The keyboard is not working in Windows mode, yet we cannot typing password in logon screen, it means can't enter Windows.
Safe Mode stilll asking password. Its single user, if Welcome Screen enabled no more password field in logon screen.
How to Enable Welcome Screen through Recovery Console?

Thanks.

Overview:
Keyboard is not working in Windows, but still working in DOS. This is because the most invisible sophisicated virus/trojan/rootkit.
Anti-virus and Firewall are ON and try so many Malware Removal tools (Dr.Web Cureit, Sophos, MBAM, Combofix, GMER, Norman, McAfee Stinger, Kaspersky etc.) but still not detected.
This virus also causing randomly BSOD, the most occurs messages are: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
This virus also infecting PARTITION TABLE code. USB stick transfer always corrupted.
Some disk Partition which contain many Malware Removal tools cannot be read, said "Disk Unformatted"
This virus also corrupting all antivirus installation proccess, and all unziping proccess, but not harming to the firewall.
The Dr.Web services/driver deleted when logon in safe mode, system hang. Reboot, Dr.Web destroyed.
The most funny things I saw is when entering keyword "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Virus" in google, system suddenly crash STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

And now, when any key pressed, all input become freeze including the mouse, but the system still running, and the typing blink still blinking.
All this conditions happened with antivirus and firewall already ON.
This friends PC is very scary.

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by mant, 03 July 2010 - 03:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mant

mant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

I found the answer.

1. Boot using Rescue CD (UBCD, Hiren's, Bart PE, etc.)

2. Open the Windows registry using Remote Registry

3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Create String: AutoAdminLogon Value: 1
Edit DWORD: LogonType Value: 1

DONE. Save Exit Reboot.

:thumbsup:

#3 mant

mant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

I open Device Manager

"Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard"
"Terminal Server Keyboard Driver"

Showing Yellow Asterisk! (corrupted)

I uninstall/reinstall both device and then reboot.
Keyboard working.
But "Terminal Server Keyboard Driver" is gone (not automatically installed).
How to reinstall "Terminal Server Keyboard Driver"? I dont know.

Anyway, the Keyboard is working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users