Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new gfx card wont work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 C.R.E.A.M

C.R.E.A.M

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

hey. im trying to put in a new AGP video card into my computer, when i put it in and turn on the computer, it starts, only gets to where it beeps 1 time before the windows XP screen then stops, and doesnt load anything, the video card obviously has power and is running, the fan is spinning, my monitor is on and it shows my Intel blue screen at the start, but never makes it to load windows XP or further?

i have all the system requirements for the card, the over a 1gb of ram needed, 550w corsair psu, says it runs fine with a P4 processor.

i just bought http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...acture=Gigabyte for a card, i also had another card before that did the same has this card did, not load my windows xp screen and further.

when i plug in my old card it works fine, which is an ati 9200, really old

the only thing i can see that might not let it work is my windows xp SP? it says in the installation book it gives you that it runs on Windows XP SP2, but im running SP3, will that cause my card to not work?

please help =( this is the second card i've bought that hasn't worked for no reason =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

Did you remove the old drivers before installing the card?
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users