Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default a Font in MS-Word 2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamekeeper

gamekeeper

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

Hi,

I want to fill in a 22 page questionnaire in MS-WORD. The questions are written in Ariel,,,,, but I want my answers to be in another font.

There are loads of questions, so I don't want to go back to each question to alter my one or two word reply.

Is there a way that all my answers will be in my chosen font ,,,, but leave the questions in Ariel ?

thanks for reading
ACER Aspire T120 - XP Pro SP3 - 2gb (max) RAM - IE8 - Magicolor Laser - Brother A-I-O

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gamekeeper

gamekeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

I managed to alter the actual Default within MS-Word, to my chosen one.
And I thought that I'd hit pay-dirt, when I learned how to change the 'system' font.
This has changed 90% of the whole computer system: Desktop / O.Express etc etc.

,,,, but it still hasn't changed the font as I write after previous fonts !

Any ideas please ?

cheers

Edited by gamekeeper, 04 July 2010 - 04:17 AM.

ACER Aspire T120 - XP Pro SP3 - 2gb (max) RAM - IE8 - Magicolor Laser - Brother A-I-O

#3 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

I didn't think it could be done and I just asked my wife who is the ultimate end user and she said no.

With Word 2007 though, you can hover your mouse over the highlighted answer and an action box pops up so you can change it immediately as you do it without having to scroll up to the top of the page. It just takes a second.

Does that make sense to you?

#4 gamekeeper

gamekeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

Hi, Thanks for that.

Yep - it does make sense - but the whereabouts of the 'action box' dosn't make a lot of difference, to me. I still have to hit the drop-down button to select a font,,,, then do it again for all answers.

The form/s consist of hundreds of questions/statements,,,, with room for the reply on the same line (in the same 'box'). I wanted to put replies in a different font,,,, to keep the answers clear from the questions. Ordinarily, yes, it dosn't take a moment to alter a line or two,,,, but being so many does take a lot of time.

Obviously, if it can't be done, then so be it. I must say though, that I am a little surprised at that in this day & age, with thousands of forms now being filled in on the internet etc.

many thanks for your (& your wifes) help.
all the best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users