Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2701HG-B firewall settings...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

I have the 2wire 2701HG-B dsl modem. I want to get to the page that has the firewall settings. Can anyone help me out on this? Am I able to get to the settings? I know I have before but I don't have a clue at this time. Thanks.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

I got to the setting page. Do you know what boxes should be checked? I'm asking because I ran the GRC test and it showed some closed ports and stealth ports. It failed the test. The computer did pass the firewall test, not able to penetrate. On the other test it showed they were able to "ping". It seems like there was a setting in the 2701HG to correct this. Thanks.
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D

#3 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

I got it...it passed the firewall and leak test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users