Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing/BlueScreen and Texture Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kickz

kickz

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

After playing world of warcraft for awhile, my computer will freeze for about 30 secs then it will blue screen, the error I get is

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Technical Information

***STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x80547FF0, 0xB200000, 0x00070F0F)

it can go afew days without problems, sometimes it will freeze afew times a day and I my video card will also go crazy and all of my textures turn black and I can't even read the ingame text, I tried tabbing out and it would take about 2 mins to tab out. Until I found a quick fix and I would just change the multisampling in-game and it would be back to normal

Are the texture problems and the freezing not linked ? They seem to happen at different times.
I've updated the video drivers (Used DriverSweeper)

screenshot:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1833/wo...61510201739.jpg

Edited by kickz, 02 July 2010 - 06:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

I would manually remove the video drivers...and then reinstall the correct drivers, after either downloading them or using the original drivers CD.

Louis

#3 kickz

kickz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

I uninstalled NVIDIA PhysX in the control panel and I uninstalled the video drivers from device manager, Restarted into safe mode and ran Guru3D Driver sweeper and installed the new drivers after another restart, with different sets of drivers, can I do anything else ?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

It's not necessary to use Driver Sweeper or such programs...just go to Device Manager, uninstall...then install the drivers.

I would install PhysX...after the basic video drivers are installed and working.

Louis

Worth Reading, IMO.

Edited by hamluis, 02 July 2010 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users