Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[QUESTION] Website template

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chx101

chx101

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hie, does anyone know where i can find a FREE file hosting( upload / download) website template, like sendspace.com. Just the template ready to install. Something like phpBB with authentication features( login / logout ) and admin CP

Edited by Blade Zephon, 02 July 2010 - 06:51 PM.
Move from programming to Web Development. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

You are asking for more than just a template. You are asking for an entire management system. What is it exactly that you need to do? Why do you need an admin CP? What is it that you want to use it for? For what purpose do you need al og-in?

#3 chx101

chx101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Admin CP is for system configuration so i dont have to long in to my host cPanel. and manually work with the data in mySQL database. just like vBulletin but intended for file hosting not forum.

i have a website (not up yet). i want users to register in order to upload files. these files will be user files, totally legal, so dont worry about that. download option will just have to enter some confirmation code.

this shouldn't be such a big deal since i can code it myself from scratch .I just wanted to know if there are any, free, out there that are ready to be installed. if you can't help on this issue then its okay...thanks for your help

Edited by chx101, 03 July 2010 - 01:22 PM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

There are tons of content management systems. I was just trying to clarify your needs. About the only one I am familiar with is mojoPortal.

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

I think you are asking something like megaupload-dot-com and other hundreds of file sharing websites. If you know little php and mysql, then its fairly easy to make yourself. I cannot find any such full-blown and free project. There is Uber-Uploader but then it lacks many features like login system, user management, quota system etc.

http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/

#6 chx101

chx101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

@romeo29. Thanks for the link. The uploader unfortunately has a min. file size of 10 MB. I want to host PSP files ( Games, music, vids, themes etc ) some of these files are over 100 MB. They will be downloaded directly off the internet to the PSP.Thats a bummer . However i will still use Uber Uploader :thumbsup: :flowers:.
As of right now im coding the site myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users